Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Quick Update

Hello!

I just wanted to post a quick message here saying sorry for the large pause in post. I have been pretty busy with different things including (including a trip to San Diego for the Fourth- no cruise ships! Grrr!!) but please rest assured that I am working on new articles for the blog! I will try and have them posted in the coming days.

Some quick updates on the industry...

-Epic made it safely to New York, was christened on the 2nd by Reba and then took part in Fourth of July festivities there. She is currently sailing to Miami.

-Cunard Line celebrated its 170th anniversary of service. On July 4th, 1840, Cunard's first ship the Britannia, set sail on its maiden voyage from Liverpool, England to Halifax, Nova Sotia and Boston, Massachusetts, thus inaugurating Cunard's long and storied service.

-Though not talked about as much, Holland America's newest ship the Nieuw Amsterdam was delivered to the line by Fincantieri shipyards in Italy and was named in Venice by Her Royal Highness Princess Maxima of the Netherlands.

-Carnival Cruise Lines announced that they will be basing the Carnival Spirit out of the Port of Los Angeles (Yay for my port!! A lot of ships have pulled out of here lately..).

-Carnival has also announced that they will be homeporting their newest ship, the Carnival Magic, in Galveston, TX when she enters service next year.


Like I said I am working on more stuff for the blog, all of which I hope to post in the next few days. I will be talking about the subjects mentioned above and even some more negative things like Norovirus or injury/death at sea so keep on checking for updates!

Thanks!

-Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment