Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Really Quick Update...More Coming in a Little Bit

I’M SORRY!!! I KNOW I HAVEN’T POSTED IN SO LONG!! (*sobs). Really I didn’t forget about you, I didn’t, it’s just…just I’ve been busy!! I know, you should never be too busy for ships! Nothing should come in the way of ships…but this time…something did. I will tell you more about that in another post! I think you might actually find it quite interesting, even though, it is completely un-related to ships.

Before that though, a really quick and totally uninformative catch up on the news!

- Carnival Corp. has ordered 3 new ships. Two for Carnival’s German brand, AIDA, to be built by Japan’s Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (exciting!), and one Carnival’s European subsidiary, Costa Cruises to be built by Fincantieri (not very exciting as judging from the numbers, this ship will be another Dream Class ship).

-QM2 failed a health inspection (old news now). However, the noted problems have since been fixed, and in a subsequent inspection she passed! QM2 I LOVE YOU!

-The Port of Los Angeles hosted several US Navy ships for Navy Week…it was an overly successful but tremendous fail. Too many people, not enough planning.

-Ft. Lauderdale based cruise line, Discovery Cruises, is shutting down its one ship operation (sad). The line ran day cruises to the Bahamas with their ship, Discovery Sun.

-NCL has released more details on their upcoming ships…mostly regarding the new suite complex, “The Haven”. So far all the details look good, but I am already pretty certain that the ships will not be good when it comes to crowds. More on that later.

-Carnival has released the first interior renderings of the upcoming, Carnival Breeze, and I have to say that I have mixed feelings. This will be Carnival's first ship not decorated by the infamous Joe Farcus. More on that later!

-(old news) Celebrity Cruises’ newest ship, Celebrity Silhouette, has been launched, christened, and is now in service. And might I say, she looks to be a fantastic ship!

-The recent rash of storms in the Atlantic has caused problems with itineraries, damage to private destinations, and a large public relations problem for Royal Caribbean.

-Mickey Arison (my hero!) has a twitter!

And finally… The final block of the Disney Fantasy has been placed!

So that is pretty much all the news that I care to post right now. Sorry, I know I usually go into more detail, but it's late, and I don’t want to :D Stay tuned for my next article, “Why You Should Cruise”. That should be up maybe later today, tomorrow, or in the next few days!


No comments:

Post a Comment