Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hello!

Hello!

My name is Mark, and I am a Ship Geek.

I love just about everything ship, and ship related. For this reason, I'm starting this blog in which I will talk about ships (mostly cruise ships and other passenger liners), whats new in the cruise industry, and whats old.



Before I go on with this blog, I should point out several important facts....

1) Though I have loved ships pretty much all my life, I have yet to go on my first cruise (much to my regret, I hope to change this soon).



2) I am not an absolute authority on everything ship related, I still have much to learn on the subject.

3) I am also not an absolute authority on everything relating to the cruise industry.



4) All the things I write here are based on my own opinions, views, and personal level of understanding. There may be times where I am completely wrong about something, or times I might be writing about something I do not completely understand.




Some other important facts about myself and the blog...

-I love all types of ships but ocean liners, cruise ships and other passenger ships are my favorites.
-My favorite ship is the RMS Queen Mary (which I am lucky enough to live relatively close to)
-My favorite cruise line is Cunard Line, although I still love all the others.
-My favorite "currently in service" ship is the QM2 (the Queen Mary 2)
-I love to design ships. For the last few years I have been working on designing my own ship (which I might talk about on here sometimes).
-Someday I hope to work in the cruise industry, preferably with my own cruise line.
-I am hoping that the Cruise lines will see this blog and start inviting me on tours of their ships, cruises and to other events. :) (I can dream....)
-I think everyone should take a cruise
-I will not be pushing cruises with this blog, but if because of my writing you choose to take a cruise, well...more power to you!


Anyway, to anyone who will actually read this blog, I hope you like it! Feel free to comment if you have any questions, comments, or just want to tell me I am wrong about something :P (just try and keep it nice and clean please...I moderate all my comments).




Thanks and Enjoy!!




Mark











ABOVE IMAGE- "Cunard QM2 Bar Harbor" by flickr member 'trakked'

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! I look forward to reading your blog, and hope you will stop by and visit mine.
    Toodles :)

    ReplyDelete